Storyline 360 - Multiple Test Slides

Mar 04, 2019

Greetings!

I am creating test slides from an existing Storyline 360 file.  The existing Storyline 360 file has 43 slides.  The test file creates 150 slides.  Most are repetitious slides of one slide.  The existing file is attached.  Help!  Thanks.

Paulette

6 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi there, Paulette. Happy to help!

I viewed and published your project to Review 360 using Storyline 360, Update 25 – here's the link to the published out. I'm having trouble reproducing the slide duplication issue (only 43 slides show), so I'll need your help:

• Do you see 150 slides in the published output, within Storyline, or both?
  • Did you publish the course for Web, LMS, or something else?

We'll figure this oddity out together!

Paulette Suggs

Morning Katie,

First, thank you so much for your quick response. Answering your follow-up questions: I see 150 slides in the output in Storyline 360. Most of the slides are duplicates and I publish for the LMS. This link will show you the steps that I take to create the "Try It" sections. I did not allow the process to continue because it is time intensive. But you can see that the 43 slides become 150. Thanks again! https://360.articulate.com/review/content/19b3c9a0-7c7d-47ef-9f2e-40362aa5372e/review

Paulette

Crystal Horn

Hi Paulette! Thanks for that Peek - super helpful to see that you were inserting an existing screen recording as step-by-step Test slides.

I see that your screen recording is originally about 14 minutes long. When I tried to insert a new View scene with step-by-step slides, 150 slides were rendering. If you inherited this file from another developer, I'm guessing that the original author edited the first "insert" of the screen recording down to 43 slides.

The screen recording tool will record a step for every click and scroll the mouse does during recording. For a 14 minute video, 150 steps seems like it could be appropriate. Storyline generates a slide for each step.

Am I on the right path? Did you get this file from another developer?

Quick note - when you reply via email, it includes your email signature with contact information.  You can edit it out of the discussion here!

Paulette Suggs

Hi Crystal,

Thank you for following-up. I developed the project, which is one part of a larger project. So, this is one part of a complete project. This is the final module that needed the test slides. What's odd is, I did not have this issue with any of the other seven modules, which are individually larger.

Paulette

Alyssa Gomez

Hey Paulette!

Thanks so much for that extra detail. When I imported the View Mode slides into your file, I did see lots of extra slides that displayed the Financial Systems log in page, and the click area was in a random spot.

I'm going to share all of this with our Support Team so they can do some further digging. They'll reach out to you privately soon!

By the way, replying via email includes your signature with contact information in the public forum.  Feel free to edit your reply here!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.