Storyline 360 Navigating with "Down Arrow" key

Jan 13, 2017

It appears that in Storyline 360, I cannot navigate from one slide to the next in scene view by using the down arrow key on the keyboard. I have to click each individual slide in the view to navigate from one to the other.

Are you finding that true also?

21 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hmmm, so my down arrow key words for me in Story view just not if I have a slide open and then want to go to the next slide in the list. Is that what you're seeing too? I do see that it worked within Storyline 2, so that's something I can ask our team about if there was a reason for the change in behavior or if it's something that we can fix. 

Hey Jim - thanks for confirming. I'll leave that answer in the hands of our QA team, but I reported it to them so that we could take a look and showcased the difference between it in Storyline 360 and Storyline 2. I did find that the down arrow sometimes worked in Storyline 360, but sometimes is definitely not a great experience.  So as they take a look at it, we'll monitor the way this issue impacts our customers and figuring out how a change here might fit in with other priorities. 

Jim Rehmann

Somewhat related to this is the fact that Duplicate (Ctrl-D) and Copy/Paste (Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V) also behave weird in Story view. I used to be able to select a slide and press Ctrl-D repeatedly (or Ctrl-V if I'd copied the slide). Now I can only press the keyboard shortcut once before I have to re-select the slide and do it again.

Thanks Jim - this I'm unable to replicate in Storyline 360. Within story view I can click on one slide and use the CTRL+D to duplicate it a number of times (I did it about 4) without needing to reselect the slide. Within the scene view list on the left hand side, that is when I can only conduct the CTRL+D once before I need to reselect the slide I want to duplicate. 

I'll include this note and experience in the report I already filed so that our team can take a look at that as well. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.