Storyline 360 not being able to Preview entire course / Publish course

Mar 09, 2020

I recently installed Storyline 360 and upgraded from SL2. I began a project and then converted it to the upgraded SL project file. Everything was going smoothly, and I was able to preview scenes, but I had never tested the entire course. 

I was ready to fully test the functionality of the entire project and wanted to preview the entire thing before I submitted it for review. The preview course option got hung up and SL crashed. I filled out the crash report and tried it again with the same results. 

Fearing I might corrupt the files if I continue to crash the system, I thought it would be better to try publish the entire course, and then make any necessary changes. SL got hung up again while publishing and I hoped by letting it run for about 20-30 minutes, it would work. There was no additional progress after the wait. I decided to close out of the publish options.

The course is still there, and the files do not seem to be corrupted. Is there any advice for troubleshooting? I noticed that the project seems to get hung up on one particular area, so I noted it and will try to delete the video and then re-upload it.

Unfortunately, because this is an eLearning course for internal employees only, I am not allowed to share the project file. Any help is greatly appreciated and I thank you for your time.

1 Reply

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.