Storyline 360- (Not enough memory/can't insert a slide)

Jul 30, 2018

HI, I am creating content in storyline but  I am giving an error message every couple of minutes, stating that I should save my project and close non-essential content.  Also, when I try to save the content or insert a new slide, I am told that I do not have enough memory to do so. However, when I checked, I do have enough memory.

5 Replies
Joseph Jani

HI Regina,

I'm sorry you're facing this issue. What we can do to save the work is to open a new instance of Storyline and move the slides over to the new instance. The main objective is to save the work first.

Next, We might want to restart the computer we're using to clear up cached items for more resources.

Story Line appears to be a 32bit application. This means that Windows will only allow the application to use 2GB of virtual memory even if you have more and running on a 64bit system.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Joseph

Unicomer  University Caribbean

Hi Joseph, I tried saving my project but the project could not be saved. I received another note which I have attached below. 

I just tried opening a new storyline, but I can not copy those slides over because there is another error message on my page. I have attached a copy of the message below.

Now, my problem is, If I restart my computer now without saving, I will most definitely lose all my changes. 

Joseph Jani

Regina,

I think it will be best to open a support case in order to get assistance from the team. I know its pain to lose all the work you did on the project. But I want us to be open for that possibility. For now, feel free to open a support case here.

If you still have your work open. Then we can still try doing a Save As.

• use Save As (F12) instead of Save (F4), place it to your C:\ drive and use a simple filename or change it if possible

If that doesn't work, maybe it'll be best to do the restart in order to save time. Also, we may want to read thru this article that talks about reducing the risk of losing a project.

Thanks,

Unicomer  University Caribbean

Hi,
I have been having a problem and the solution given has not helped. I was given instructions on how to save my work by Joseph Jani, but this has proven to be futile.
Mr. Jani had mentioned to me in his first response that "Story Line appears to be a 32bit application. This means that Windows will only allow the application to use 2GB of virtual memory even if you have more and running on a 64bit system".
However, my computer is as seen below.

[cid:image001.png@01D42E86.5DD8ED60]
Therefore, is this reason why I keep losing my work and is constantly sent notifications to save and restart. As depicted in the image below. If so, could someone assist me getting a 64 bit version of storyline. Or if that does not work. Should I therefore upgrade by pc to a 64GB os.
I look forward to a speedy response.

[cid:image002.jpg@01D42E86.5DD8ED60]

Regards,

Regina Taylor
Regional Research & Project Officer,
Regional HC, - Unicomer Group Ltd
Unicomer University, Caribbean
Tel (Office) +(876) (926-2110) Ext. 6903

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Regina,

It looks like you may have responded via email, and two things occur when that happens:

1. Any images or attachments you've included won't post here 

2. You signature from your email is posted in the public forum. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

As for a 64-bit version of Storyline, we only have the one type, but our Support team is happy to work with you one on one and figure out what issues you could be running into. You can connect with them directly here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.