Storyline 360 November 2018 - Animated text is blurry, not crisp. Any solution?

Nov 08, 2018

We've updated to the latest build V3.21.17083.0

When text has an animation applied, it's rendered noticeably blurry, and no longer crisp. When placed alongside text that is not animated, the difference is significant.

I've seen older version of this question posted, but wanted to get an updated answer - is there any solution or requirements that will fix this?

We don't want to keep using reveal boxes on each bullet.

I've attached screenshots, and two scorms (one scorm scaling to fit, one scorm opens in optimal window).

The training is built at 1280 x 720. We publish for HTML5 only.

17 Replies
Katie Riggio

Appreciate you sharing those screenshots, Fazzi! I'm so sorry you've come across this blur.

We have an open issue where text could become blurry when adding an animation (HTML5 output). While I don't have any workarounds to share at this time, you're in the right place where we'll keep you in the know with any new information!

I apologize for any headaches, and we're here if you have any more questions!

Katie Riggio

Very sorry you're at this roadblock, Mark. Happy to lend a hand!

While we tackle this bug in the HTML5 output, the text should not be affected in Flash. I know publishing to Flash isn't an ideal workaround, so we'll keep you posted if we hear of another option. You're in the right place to stay up to date on any new information!

If you're able to share your .story project, we're happy to see what we can recommend. We're ready to help! 😊

Katie Riggio

Oh no, Jessica! I'm so sorry you're at this obstacle, too.

We'd love to try to find a custom workaround for your project while we continue to investigate this bug. Would you be able to share the Storyline .story file with our Support Engineers via this private link so we can explore some approaches? Be sure to share the case number with us here so I can follow along to share any insight here!

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Johnathan and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thank you for chiming in and letting us know that this issue has affected your project as well.

We do have this issue reported, and it is specific to the HTML5 output when the animation is applied to the text.

The workarounds would be to utilize the Flash output or remove the animation.

This conversation is attached to the report so that we can update you here when we are able.

Alyssa Gomez

Hey folks!

As promised, I wanted to share that Update 26 for Storyline 360 is live – check out all the new fixes and features here!

In this update, we addressed the issue where text wold appear blurry when adding animation.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of that fix. Let me know if you have any questions about that!

WellSky  Learning Center

Hi Alyssa, 
I saw the update in 26, that resolved static text appearing blurry in Chrome, but still seeing animated text as blurry (v3.26.18364.0). Was that part of the fix, or still pending?

here's an example of blurred animation.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/e61d7853-8c9b-4ef2-b362-9d61a7d1abb8/review

Slides 16 - 21 are good examples. On some slides you'll see it shift to crisp text, which is my current workaround of duplicate the text and fading out the top layer to reveal static (crisp) text beneath. 

Slide 19 does not have the workaround, and you can see the blurred text. I've attached it as well.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Fazzi,

The latest update of Storyline 360 (Storyline 360, build 3.29.19305.0) is available today and includes a fix for the issue you ran into where animated objects could be blurry in Google Chrome.

Can you let us know if you're still running into any issues after installing the update and republishing your content? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.