Storyline 360: Performance issues--64 bit status?

Jul 06, 2020

I see several 64-bit Storyline360 discussions but nothing very recent so need to ask as of today July 6 2020: Does Storyline360 have a 64-bit version? Editing has slowed to a crawl for me for certain projects that make use of Content Library slides and slightly more than usual number of graphics but nothing crazy and I'm hopeful a 64-bit version would help... Status update Articulate family? 

Pinned Reply
Steven Benassi

Hi Everyone!

Great news! I'm happy to share that we just released Storyline 360 (version 3.82.31354.0), which includes a new 64-bit version of Storyline 360! Harness the processing power in modern computers with 64-bit Storyline 360. Large, media-rich courses benefit from increased stability and faster performance!

To use 64-bit Storyline 360, please update your Articulate 360 desktop app, then click the Install button next to the Storyline 360 app with the 64-bit and beta labels. The Install button will change to an Open button when the installation is complete.

This was highly requested, so we hope it serves you in your course creation! If you run into any snags, don't hesitate to contact our team in a support case.

4 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hello Kai,

Thank you for checking in, and I appreciate you sending in an official Feature Request

We haven't released a 64-bit version of Storyline 360 at this time, but it is on our radar. I promise to update you on any new developments.

Our Support team is happy to work with you to investigate the slowness, and they will use any information they glean to share with Engineering, who are actively working on performance improvements.

Let me know if you open a case, and I'll follow along!

Thierry Nguyen Cuu

Hi,

Questions about a 64 bit version of articulate started about 10 years ago (64bit version - Articulate Storyline Discussions - E-Learning Heroes).

This post is more than 2 years.

Are we seeing a 64 bit version of the articulate360 any time soon.?
Has the work to develop one started.?

Crashes are more and more frequent..

Thanks

Jose Tansengco

Hi Thierry,

We still don't have any new updates to share regarding when a 64-bit version of Storyline 360 will be released, but we'll definitely let you know once we have any news! 

In the mean time, I'd recommend reaching out to our support team by opening a case so we can help you troubleshooting why you are encountering frequent crashes with your Storyline 360 installation. 

Steven Benassi

Hi Everyone!

Great news! I'm happy to share that we just released Storyline 360 (version 3.82.31354.0), which includes a new 64-bit version of Storyline 360! Harness the processing power in modern computers with 64-bit Storyline 360. Large, media-rich courses benefit from increased stability and faster performance!

To use 64-bit Storyline 360, please update your Articulate 360 desktop app, then click the Install button next to the Storyline 360 app with the 64-bit and beta labels. The Install button will change to an Open button when the installation is complete.

This was highly requested, so we hope it serves you in your course creation! If you run into any snags, don't hesitate to contact our team in a support case.