Storyline 360 - Play media on Slide triggers not working

Feb 11, 2018

Hi, does anyone face this issue of mp3 or wav files not playing in their Storyline 360 HTML content? I've checked the browser console messages and it states that there is an issue decoding the audio.  See attached screenshot.

Any help is much appreciated. I've been cracking my head trying to solve this for the last few days.

5 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Richard.  Can you give me some more detail on your setup?

• Is your course hosted in an LMS, a website or somewhere else?
  • What browser are you using to view the content?  Are you having the same experience using different browsers?
  • Can you try republishing and uploading the content?

If you'd like me to have a look at your .story file, I'm happy to troubleshoot on my end, too!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Richard,

I tested this out by uploading to Articulate Review and Tempshare for two different options, and both of those played the audio for me on your slide layers with the correct/incorrect set up. Can you test those out and let me know how they play for you? 

You also mentioned the local playback didn't work, but we do always recommend uploading the content to the intended environment to properly test it out as testing it locally is known to cause some issues with items failing. 

If my versions work for you, perhaps there is a restriction on your website? If my versions don't work for you, please let me know what browser version you're using so I can try and retest in that set up as well! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.