Storyline 360: Player Options won't open

Apr 28, 2021

I can't get the Player options tab to open while editing content in Storyline 360. I've just had the helpdesk reinstall SL and nothing has changed. Another person on my team is having the same issue. 

I'm also getting the install Flash Player message every time I open Storyline but Flash Player is already installed on my laptop.

Help please.

3 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for reaching out! Have you verified you're on the latest version of Storyline 360? Per our version history, we're currently on build 3.51.24979.0.

Also, is there a specific reason for still having a Flash Player installed on your computer? As of September 2019, Storyline 360 no longer depends on Flash to operate. The article below shares more details, but I don't expect that message to appear when you open Storyline.

If you'd like some help figuring out why, our support engineers are on standby and ready to help!

CONNECT WITH US.
Tracy Thompson

Thanks for your reply. I've been working with our IT department to find a solution. I forwarded your email on to them and this is their reply:

You don't have flash player installed on your system and you don't need it either. However for unknown reasons storyline360 is keep prompting you to install it when you click to open Storyline360 - share screenshot to them.
Also provide them information on main issue that you are experiencing ( with Screenshot if possible), and that you already uninstalled and reinstalled Storyline 360 with no luck.

This is a shot of what the IT agent installed:

[cid:image005.jpg@01D73D0C.6AC92CF0]

This is the message that appears when I am logging into Storyline 360:

[cid:image007.jpg@01D73D0C.6AC92CF0]

What started this problem is that when I select the Options tab, it doesn't open and I get this message.
[cid:image009.jpg@01D73D0C.6AC92CF0]
Then I get this, which I've submitted multiple times:
[cid:image010.jpg@01D73D0C.6AC92CF0]

My IT agent is stuck and so am I. I need to make some changes to a player skin and can't access it.

Please help.
Tracy

Tracy Thompson
AVP, Learner Experience Manager
T: 804.625.3018 Ext. 3018 | C: 417.236.4508

[cid:image015.jpg@01D73D0C.6AC92CF0]

Ren Gomez

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for the follow-up! Unfortunately, it looks like your attachments didn't come through, as you replied by email to a community forum.

I've opened a case on your behalf with our support engineers to take a closer look. You should be receiving an email with an upload link. We'd appreciate you resending those attachments to give our team a heads up on what you see.

We'll get notified immediately and will reach back out with next steps!