Storyline 360 Playhead issue

Feb 14, 2018

I seem to have an issue with the playhead in Storyline 360.
It doesn't matter if i'm in the slide masters or on the normal timeline. 
If I click on the play button to show animations on the timeline the playhead is not moving and no animations are played. Sometimes Storyline crashes but in most cases the play symbol does change in the pause icon and back. But other than that nothing happens. This makes timing an animation quite difficult. I know for certain that this is not related to a *.story file since it always occurs.  

Does somebody have simular issues? Or does somebody have a solution to this?  

Thanks in advance, 

Harold

10 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Harold,

That's really odd, especially since it happens in every Storyline file you work with.

Are you on the latest update of Storyline 360? To check, click the Help tab, then click About Storyline. You should see 3.12.14647.0 in the bottom-right corner. 

Let me know if you're already on the latest update, and we'll keep digging!

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for that Peek, Harold. That was really helpful, and it looks like you've uncovered a bug here.

I would expect the Play button to work in the Slide Master timeline, so I'm going to share your findings with my team. As soon as I get an update on this, I'll let you know.

Thanks again for giving us a head's up, and I'm sorry if it has caused you headaches!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.