Storyline 360 Publish Causes Computer to Shut Down

Apr 18, 2018

I have a course with 4 slides.  Each slide contain only a single video (30 to 40 min long) in MP4 format.  Preview of course works fine.

Every time I try to publish the course to LMS (1.2) my computer spontaneously shuts down and I lose all work.

I am on Windows 10 and Articulate 360

13 Replies
Vincent Scoma

Hey Jacob,

Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry that you are having a similar experience. 

May I ask what happens when you try to publish a different course to your LMS? Are you experiencing the same behavior? 

If you need our help to take a look at your file,  we're always more than happy to help!  You can share files in this thread here and then click on Add Attachment or send them privately to our Support Engineers. We'll let you know our findings and will delete it after having a closer look.

Hugh Vaughan

All of the course modules are almost identical, using the same master templates. the only difference is some contain video. Since I replied to this thread I have managed to publish some of the modules which were failing, evenones with videos.

While publishing its at the point it hits a video that the progress bars slows up / stops and the laptop fan gets noisy. Sometimes it shuts down almost immediately, other times it gets passed after a minute or so and fan goes quite again and it publishes. I've been publishing the same modules on and off for months without issue so I don't think its the PC but does look like a PC related safety / overheating feature caused by Articulate.

Vincent Scoma

Hi Hugh,

Thank you for sharing this update with us. Storyline shouldn't be crashing when trying to publish a course, so we are happy to help get to the bottom of this! 

Since Storyline isn't working correctly, could I have you try running a repair to see if that helps? If the repair doesn't do the trick, would you be able to share one of the files giving you trouble? You can use this private link to upload your course so we can help troubleshoot. 

Katie Riggio

Hi Hugh,

So sorry to hear that the crash is back! Let's get that fixed.

I'm going to connect you with our Support team so we can get this sorted out for you as quickly as possible. The team may need to test an affected file, so please use this custom upload link to share it privately.

Look out for an email with some next steps from one of our engineers!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.