Storyline 360 publishing to SABA LMS (bookmarking issue)

Jun 17, 2019

**Update:  issue was on the LMS side and client resolved directly with LMS vendor**

Hello wise ones

After some back and forth with the LMS provider (SABA) via my client, they have asked me to publish the Storyline 360 module to 2004 3rd Edition but have also said "For SCORM 2004 completion, they need to make sure a adl.nav.request status is passed with the value "exitAll". 

What sorcery to I apply to make this "exitAll" happen?

The course should mark complete based on number of slides viewed.

Many thanks 

Shiraz

4 Replies
Randy Hill

Sorry, trying to understand what you are asking here. So your clients course is not bookmarking? So the vendor, Saba, asked you to try exporting as 2004 v3. And then they are asking you to make sure the adl.nav.request is passing over a certain value? Just making sure I have it correct. 

If it is a bookmarking issue, is it bookmarking at all and just stops when it gets to a certain place, or around a certain place?

Ulises Musseb

You don't explain what the problem with the course is, but my guess is that it's not being marked complete?

We also use Saba as our LMS. Do you have a Sandbox Saba server where you can test your courses? If you do, simply publish the course in SL with the specifications you need.

SL publishing functions in SCORM 2004 (or any other for that matter) should suffice. That's supposed to be the point of having an authoring tool published.

In Saba, make sure that the settings for the content are correct. If the course is set to complete based on slides viewed, when uploading the content, make sure that the "Is scoring" setting is not marked (see below). otherwise, Saba will be looking for some score in the course, unable to mark it complete if there's no score to report.

I'm surprised that you were told to publish in SCORM 2004, but I hope this helps.

Shiraz Papas

Hi Randy - yes it's a bookmarking issue (sorry I should have explained myself better).  My client is trying to send me a communication log and I will hopefully know more at that point about where it isn't bookmarking.  It's such a drama to deal with Saba.  When creating in Storyline 2 (about two years ago) i needed to download a patch and remove the mastery score from the imsmanifest file and it would work that way.  But the same solution doesn't work anymore.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.