Storyline 360 Quiz problem

Feb 06, 2019

I'm trying to finish up a Storyline class that a coworker created previously before leaving our company. She didn't leave any notes or information, and it's been a few months since I played with Storyline.  I need help troubleshooting! :)

I have a Storyline 360 class that is set (I think!) to allow learners to retry the quiz once. But when I preview the class, and answer all the questions correctly, I see the Failure slide showing a score of ZERO instead of 100.  When I click the "retry" button, the quiz does not reset, it's still showing my answers from the previous attempt. 

I don't understand why the score appears as zero when I answered all questions correctly, and I don't understand why the retry button is not resetting the quiz (if that makes sense).  There may be (literally) other variables at play that I'm not aware of.  Any help is appreciated!  I don't know if I can attach the Story file because it's so large. 

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Kate! I can appreciate that it's challenging to take on someone else's project, but you came to the right place for help!

There are a couple things I would check initially:

• First, go to the Result Slide. Click the gray Edit Result Slide button, and ensure that all quiz questions are being tracked by that result slide.
  • Check that there is a Submit Result trigger on the result slide.
  • Click on the Retry quiz button. This button should have two triggers associated with it:
    • Reset results when the user clicks
    • Jump to first quiz slide when user clicks

If you still can't sort out the issue, I'd love to take a look at the file. Since the file is large, do a Save As to create a copy. Then, delete all slides except for the quiz and the result slide from the copy.

You can share the copy publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

kate polichnowski

Alyssa, thank you so much for your reply! I had picked apart the quiz and results slide but I completely overlooked the "Edit Result Slide" button - that was the key!  None of the quiz questions were being tracked by my Results slide.  I have fixed that and now when I preview it, everything works!  Yay! :) 

I really appreciate your help!  Thanks again! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.