Storyline 360 - Quizzes and Assessments

Jul 02, 2020

Hello I am building several learning courses that have a quiz at the end of each followed by a final assessment.  I am noticing that after I preview the course and complete the quiz if I go back through the modules (which I want the students to be able to do) the questions show with the answers selected.  I do not want this visible after quiz completion.  However, for the final assessment I am allowing multiple attempts since we want the students to pass.  I created a "retake" button on the failure results slide and created a trigger to reset the results but it does not re set, when going back to the assessment you still see the questions with the previously selected answers.  So I have 2 issues: 1 - For quizzes no retakes if they pass or fail and I do not want the quiz questions visible after completion if they navigate back through the course,  2 - If they fail the final assessment I need for the assessment to be refreshed for a retake.  However if they pass the questions should not be visible if they revisit the course.  I know this is a lot.  Thank you in advance.

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

Hi, Neshanta,

To do what you want to do, you need to know how to use trigger conditions and variables. It's worth the time to learn about those, because they give you more control over what happens and when it happens.

Here are the basic steps to bypass the quiz (or any content) after it's been viewed once:

• Create a T/F variable with the initial value of False. For this example, let's call it quizDone.
  • On the slide before the quiz:
    • Add a condition to the default NEXT button trigger, so it will only go to the next slide (i.e., the quiz) if the quizDone variable is False. 
    • Add a second trigger to the NEXT button. Have it jump to the slide after the quiz, with the condition that the quizDone variable is True.
  • On the last slide of the quiz, add a trigger to adjust the quizDone variable to True. 

You can use the same basic steps (but with a different variable) to prevent users from re-visiting the Final Assessment. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.