Storyline 360 reporting passed in moodle even though it is set to complete

Jun 14, 2017

Hi guys,

I am noticing an issue in Storyline 360 where it is reporting a status of passed to Moodle when it should be reporting completion.

In the reporting settings it is set to report complete/incomplete, and is tracking based on number of slides viewed.

I am seeing this result with a client course, and have been able to reproduce this result also with a blank course set up with 4 slides, set to track completion, is also returning a status of passed. 

I did see articles logged detailing a similar issue for both Storyline versions 1 & 2, but was resolved with updates. Is it possible this bug has reappeared in 360?

Any help to resolve would be great.

Thanks

Paddy

4 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hey there, Paddy.

It looks like this issue did appear in Storyline 360, and our team has it documented.

This behavior is only manifested in the HTML5 output, so using Flash first when publishing is a possible workaround.

I'll tag this discussion so we can update you with any new information!  Thanks for reaching out.

(edited to fix hyperlink)

Paddy O'Connor

Thanks for the reply Crystal.

I think there was an update to Chrome recently that changes flashs default settings and results in the html5 version being served by default. So our case serving the flash first wont resolve unfortunately.

We have managed to come up with a work around using LMS settings, but it would be great to hear when you do roll out an update which fixes this.

Thanks

Paddy

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Paddy :)

Great news! We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here

The Storyline 360 item you'll be interested in is how:

HTML5 courses tracked by the number of slides viewed with a Completed reporting status would incorrectly send a Passed status to the LMS.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either right here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.