Storyline 360 Reviewing Quiz Results

Jan 07, 2017

I have set up a knowledge check - 2 questions per scene, 3 scenes. The result slide is calculating the correct score, the print function works - it shows the 6 questions with correct/incorrect result but the review function only shows the 2 questions from the first scene.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

5 Replies
Susan C

Wendy,

Thanks for trying.

I found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO_s7i_5IV0&feature=youtu.be

It is a work-around to the issue of knowledge checks interspersed with content. At the beginning it sounds like you could do this in Storyline 1, but not Storyline 2 (yet). I'm working with 360.

The work-around is effective only when everything gets moved into 1 scene. (Trial and error)

For online university courses breaking up the content is key.  I think there should be a more elegant solution.

Again, thanks for jumping in.

Susan

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Susan,

Try this solution from Nicole Legault (I included her steps below). Since Storyline 360 automatically skips content slides within the same scene, you do not need to create a variable.

• On the last question in Scene 1, click the Slide Properties button in the Layers pane. (the little gear icon)
  • Select the option for Next button to appear. (Before this, it should only have Submit button selected)
  • This will automatically create a Trigger to 'Jump to next slide when next button is clicked'. in the Triggers pane.
  • Change the link from 'next slide' to the next question in the next scene.
  • Copy the trigger you just created, then go back into slide properties and Uncheck the Next button. (This will remove the trigger you just created)
  • Paste the trigger back in to the Trigger pane. Although the Next button has been removed, the option for the next button still remains in the trigger.

I tested these steps in a Storyline 360 file, and it works! I've attached the file for you to review here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.