Storyline 360 Safari Playback

Jul 21, 2017

Hello,

I am having trouble playing a Storyline published on a website on a Safari - Mac. When the state of the buttons (normal vs hover) is changed, the website crashes. Normal fix would be to take away the state function of the buttons, but has anyone come across this issue? Preferably with an alternative fix besides taking away the state function of the buttons?

Thank you,

5 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Alma and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

I'm not sure that I've heard of this issue. Is this just happening on a particular computer or are you able to replicate this behavior on other computers? 

You mentioned published on a website, so you've published your Storyline course for the web and uploaded to the intended environment and viewing from there, correct? Just want to make sure you're not viewing a local version of the course.

If you need us to take a look, you are welcome to share the .story file.

ray laurencelle

Is there anymore info on this?  My organization developed a Storyline 360 demo for a client who wants their training to play on a mobile phone.   It worked fine in Chrome but there were display and functional problems in Safari.  Consequently we lost the bid.  Other people have reported problems with playback in Safari.    Is the Articulate development team aware of problems, are they working on a fix, are there any workarounds?

Margaret Crawford

Hi. We are experiencing a button issue with Safari (desktop - have not tried mobile) where the text on buttons is not displaying. The button appear as expected in every other browser. I have submitted a support ticket (01292977) but thought I would check here for any immediate insight. The attachment shows an example (the blue button says Continue in every other browser).

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.