Storyline 360: Score Doesn't Update When Retaking a Course in SCORM 1.2 on Moodle

Jul 05, 2021

I have a quiz that I made in Storyline with 10 questions of multiple formats.  The quiz works fine, and reports to the LMS (Moodle) fine on the first attempt.  If the user fails the first time, then goes back to re-try, the second result does not report to the LMS. The results slide will show the "Congratulations, you passed" layer, but the 2nd attempt results doesn't report to the LMS.  What am I doing wrong?

This issue is in SCORM 1.2 and in Scorm cloud its working fine. SCORM 2004, its working fine. Please suggest

1 Reply
Becca Levan

Hello Sanjay, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ⭐️

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with quiz scores not resetting in your LMS when a learner tries a second attempt. Happy to look at this with you!

Most LMSs consider a course to be in review mode after the user has met the completion requirement, so new data is not reported to the LMS. This prevents learners from accidentally changing their course status from complete back to incomplete.

While it's best to change this default behavior in your LMS, you can also modify it in your published course.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for!