Storyline 360 Scoring Trouble with Branching

May 19, 2020

Hi, 

I've run into an issue with resetting the Results.ScorePoints on a branching interaction I've built. Basically, have 2 sets of scored questions tied to 2 different paths. Results appear at the end and if user has scored over 13 points, they move on to the second path and if they don't, they're looped back to the questions a second/third/etc. time. I'm trying to reset Results.ScorePoints to zero so that each time they go through the scenario it shows the true score of that attempt. The results slide isn't something the user needs to see, so I have that sitting outside of the branching, which might be the issue. 

I've got triggers on the final page that seem like they should automatically nullify points if user has scored below 13, however when cycling back through the questions a second or third time the points accumulate oddly and aren't zeroing out. It seems like scores are being added together, in some cases accumulating to a higher point total than what should be achievable on a single pass through the questions. 

Is there some way to truly zero out the Results.ScorePoints? Or do I need to reset results somehow? Please let me know if I need to share the story file, as I can do that. 

1 Reply

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.