Storyline 360 screen recording looks blurry in the storyline output

Mar 09, 2018

Hi,

I recorded my screen of a system that new hires need to use. The course is an introduction to the UI, with captions that explain each of the parts of the system dashboard, etc.  I published as seperate slides, so that I could enter text on them and the learner needs to select a button or click on the screen to move forward and the screen capture is blurry and the output is much smaller in the playback. Is there a way to 1) have the screen capture take up the who storyline slide space, and 2) why is it showing a blurry when the real screens are clear. Is there a setting or way to increase the resolution in storyline 360?

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Alicia, I'm happy to help you! 

First, let's be sure you're on the latest update of Storyline 360. To check, click the Help tab, then click About Storyline. You should see 3.13.15006.0 in the bottom-right corner. 

If you're already on the latest update, let's compare the Slide Size to the screen recording dimensions. 

If the slide size is much smaller than the screen recording, then the screen recording is going to shrink to fit on to the slide and lose quality. 

Katie Riggio

Hello, Kathleen. Sorry to hear you've come across this, and I'd love to help investigate!

No matter the Storyline version, these best practices for unlocking high-quality media are great to keep in mind. Similarly, this screen recording series and these techniques for recording high-resolution screencasts should point you in the right direction! 

If those pro-tips don't help with the quality, would you mind sharing the .story file privately with us by using this link? We'll take a closer look at next steps, and will delete the file after troubleshooting.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.