Storyline 360 - Slide Hangs

Jan 25, 2017

I am having a problem with a free-form multiple choice slide. On Articulate review or in the preview, It shows the turning loading symbol infinitely.  It is on slide 3-4. This first drag and drop interaction does seem to be reacting the way I expected.

What steps can I take to troubleshoot?

Proficiency Levels story

Thanks for any help you can offer.

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello Paris!

Thanks for sharing your Articulate Review link here. I can see how the content gets stuck on the drag and drop interaction:

Without seeing your project file, it can be tough to determine why this is happening. Here are a few things you can try on your end:

• To determine if there is something corrupt with this particular slide, delete this slide and preview again. Does the presentation still get stuck, or does it work as expected?
  • You can also try importing the project into a new Storyline file, then Preview the content. Do you still get stuck on this slide after importing?

If you're still having issues, we will likely need to take a look at your file.  If you’re able to share here in the forums, you can use the Add Attachment button at the bottom of the reply window, or if you need to share privately, you can send it along to our Support Engineers here. They’re accessible 24/7, and if you want to let me know the case number I can follow along.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Paris!

Thanks for sharing your file. I took a peek into your first scene that contained the Drag and Drop interaction on slide 1.3 and the Pick One interaction on slide 1.4, and I noticed you were using grouped objects there. Sometimes grouped objects can cause odd behavior in Drag and Drop interactions, so I replaced the groups with images for the drag objects and hotspots for the drop objects. I also noticed you selected the "Shuffle Answers" setting on the 1.3 Drag and Drop interaction. That setting seemed to cause strange behavior on that slide, so I removed it.

I re-published Scene 1 to Articulate Review - you can test it yourself here. I also attached the updated file. You may want to delete Scene 1 from your original file, and import Scene 1 from the updated file into the original. Here's a tutorial on how to do that, if you're interested.  

Paris Granville

Thank you so much. You have provided extraordinary support, making Articulate worth every penny.

Paris.

Paris Granville
K-12 World Language
Competency Testing Coordinator
bellevue school district
12111 NE 1st Street
Bellevue, WA 98005
PHONE: 425.456.4051 | granvillep@bsd405.org

[BSD-Logo]Bellevue School District Mission: To provide all students with an exemplary college preparatory education so they can succeed in college, career and life.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.