storyline 360 stage/frame cut off problem on Edge

Jun 26, 2018

hello,
I had a problem with the frame in my courses after the June 19 update. The thing was that after being published and opened in Chrome, 8 pixels on the right and 4 pixels on the bottom side of the stage were cut off.
After the June 22 update, the problem was fixed, but this time something went wrong in the Edge browser.
In the attached picture, we see a frame (the shape that simulates the end edges of the course, the size is the same as the scene of the course -1pixel).
At "No. 1" there are 3 grouped photos. As you can see the photo on the right side does not reach the edge of the stage (it should). After ungrouping, everything is ok.
At "No. 2" there is a shape that goes beyond the stage. In the SL 360 editor, this object comes out on the left and the right, but after publishing and opening in the Edge, on the left side is cut frome course stage (like it should) and on the right it is not.

I hope you guys can fix these problems fast...

3 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi there, Maciej. I'm really sorry you're hitting a few snags; I'd love to lend a hand here!

First, thanks so much for sharing that detailed description of what's happening! Super duper helpful.

I also only see the frame issue on the right when testing your file's HTML5 output in Edge; the flash one looks good. Really strange, as I don't see anything in your file that would cause this. I'd like to get a second opinion from our Support Team and have attached this discussion to the case – expect a new email from support@articulate.com shortly!

Thanks again for reporting this oddity to us, and I'm sorry for any headaches. I'll also keep you updated here on what we find.

Katie Riggio

Hi again, Maciej.

I took a peek at your case that was assigned to my teammate, Gerald, and saw that we've got: Objects are not scaled properly when viewing the published HTML5 output in Edge using the 100% zoom settings logged as a possible bug.

Really appreciate you bringing this to our attention, Maciej! Here's how we tackle bugs, and we’ll also post all updates here once we have them!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi, Maciej! I wanted to let you know we fixed the issue you reported: Objects are not scaled properly when viewing the published HTML5 output in Edge using the 100% zoom settings.

Install the latest Storyline 360 update to take advantage of all the recent features and fixes.

If the problem happens again, please record a Peek 360 screencast for me, and I’ll be happy to help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.