Storyline 360 stuck toward end of publishing- Can't publish to video

Mar 15, 2021

Hello,

I've been up all night trying to publish a video I need for an online course I'm taking. It's due today, and I'm still having no luck. I've read the other threads and none of the solutions are working. It freezes up with about 5% left to go and makes no further progress when trying to publish to video. I have 10 slides with animation but no video. Help!

Thanks,

Melanie

2 Replies
Steve Gannon

Hi Melanie,

I took a look at your file. The issue you're experiencing has to do with some erratic slide numbering you have in your file. (The second slide is 1.14 and the last slide is 1.13.)

At the bottom of the Publish to Video dialog box, there is an option to Follow Slide Numbering or Follow "Next" Actions. To get your file to publish, I removed all the manual triggers you set up to jump to specific slide numbers and just used the default Advance Automatically setting in the slide properties. Then I changed the setting on the Publish to Video dialog to Follow Next Actions. I was then able to publish in about 30 minutes. As your file was originally, it was in an infinite loop, going from the last slide (1.13) back to the second slide (1.14) and so on.