Storyline 360 - Switching from the Modern Player back to the Classic Player cuts off part of the Slide.

Jun 04, 2018

I switched a course I had built in Classic Player to the Modern Player. When I went to publish back in Classic and used the publishing option of Flash with HTML5, it cut out the left section of the Slide and the Seekbar (screenshots attached). The screenshot attached is published in Articulate Review. I have not tested in our LMS as of yet, we do a lot of our reviewing in Review first. 

I was able to publish in HTML5/Flash and get the Slide and Seekbar back to full view, but can someone take a look and see if there is a way to be able to publish in Flash/HTML5 after publishing to Modern?

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jeremiah, 

Thanks for all the detail about the steps you took and sharing your player screenshot. I followed along and tried to replicate the issue by first publishing for the Modern player (HTML5 only) and then switching it for the Classic player (Flash/HTML5 fallback) to review. Even with the same setup, I can't see the same thing your image shows. 

I made sure to check the Flash and HTML5 output in Chrome and Internet Explorer 11 too. 

Perhaps could you share your .story file or Review link here with us so that we can take a look? Also, let me know what browser(s) you're viewing the course in too! 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Joe,

I tested this again this AM using the latest update of Storyline 360, Update 19. I'm still not able to replicate this behavior where the slide is cut off when switching from modern player to classic and viewing in Articulate 360 or in the player properties window. 

Can you share any steps you go through to see this? Perhaps it's something simple such as when you save or make the player change? If you're able to take a Peek of the problem that would help ensure my testing steps are the same as yours.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.