Storyline 360 Timesout at 2hrs and 4GB when publishing to video

Mar 25, 2021

I am trying to publish a 5 minute Storyline 360 file to video and I keep receiving an error that the maximum duration (2 hours) or file size (4GB) was reached before the end of the project was detected and video encoding was cancelled.

Does anyone else have this problem? Can you change these settings? 1080p video can usually take a long time to convert in other programs so I don't understand why these Storyline has these limits set?

1 Reply
Steve Gannon

Hi Libby,

While I have not encountered this error message, it indicates that the duration of the published video has exceeded 2 hours rather than it has been working on it for 2 hours. If your file is only 5 minutes, this suggests that there's something in your navigation from slide to slide that is telling Storyline to keep going back and add in the slide again; that is, it gets stuck in an infinite loop.

Take a look at the navigation triggers on each slide to be sure there isn't a trigger sending the flow back to the beginning or back to a slide already completed. Then, on the Publish to Video dialog, consider if you need to change the default setting of "Follow Slide Numbering" to "Follow 'Next' Actions."