Storyline 360 tutorial number 10 drag and drop

Jul 18, 2017

Hi

I've had a look at tutorial number 10: drag and drop in the Storyline 360 tutorials. I've been working with the box and the four drag and drop items. When setting the answers to be shuffled, the behaviour of the drop does not work properly. The item is selected and dragged but when releasing the mouse for the item to be dropped, it does not drop. The only way it will drop is if you click the mouse again. I've tested this in Storyline 2 and it works without any problems. Is this a bug?

Many thanks.

Kelly

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kelly,

Is this a file you upgraded from Storyline 2 or did you build it newly in Storyline 360? I'd love to take a look at it and test it out! 

It sounds similar to another drag and drop issue where the mouse release didn't actually release the drag item (without another click). We saw that specific to HTML5 and upgraded projects - so our team is looking into that! One of the workarounds was to set the  Snap dropped items to drop target to Free. 

Let me know if that works for you or if you'd like me to take a look at your file! 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Kelly! We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.

We had talked about how a drag item wouldn't always drop on a target in HTML5 output unless you clicked your mouse to release it.  That issue has been addressed!

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application.

Let me know if you have any questions, or feel free to reach out to our support team!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.