Storyline 360 Updates and Closing Down

Feb 13, 2019

I just watched the Getting Started with Storyline 360 video and I was following along doing what the instructor was doing. I'm having 2 issues.

1. Twice Storyline shut down while I was following along and duplicating the instructions. Both times I lost everything I had done. Is this some sort of time out or is it something else?

2. Both times when it shut down and I re-launched it, it wouldn't let me open Storyline. It seems to be because there is an update available. Both times I ran the Update and then it would let me open it. So this raises 2 questions:

Can you not open Storyline 360 if there is an update available?

Is it possible that in the course of 2 hours there were 2 updates available?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Rosemary

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Rosemary! Thanks for letting us know what's going on – what a frustrating experience! 

Storyline definitely should not shut down in the middle of your work. I have a suspicion that something went awry with Storyline as it was installing, so let's try these steps to start completely fresh.

You should be able to open Storyline, even if an update is available. You can even snooze an update if you don't want to install it right away. We update Storyline 360 about once a month, so you shouldn't have seen two new updates within two hours. 

After trying the steps I linked above, let me know if you see an improvement!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.