Storyline 360 Using 25%+ CPU

Apr 21, 2020

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the Articulate community and have an interesting conundrum. I've found that when I use Storyline 360, even just to walk through the steps that are being outlined in one of the recorded webinars while I follow along, my CPU gets maxed out at 98-100% usage and computer acutely shuts down. I'm quite perplexed by this since most of what I've seen other users report it that it should only  be taking up 3-5% cpu.

Any ideas or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

3 Replies
Jan Lua

Hi Karina,

That indeed does not look like normal behavior for Storyline 360. The highest I've seen from my experience is 10% when I tax both Storyline and an android emulator I am running.

I see from your screenshots that you are running a host of other programs including an anti-malware service. Have you checked if Storyline is being flagged by the anti-malware? Try running Storyline with all applications closed and seeing if the CPU usage remains within that same range.

An unusually high CPU usage is usually caused by a process conflict or a bug in the host application. It may also be caused by a virus in the system, though it's unlikely in your case. Have you tried re-installing Storyline in admin mode?

Looking forward to your reply.

Karina Peterson

Hello Jan,

Thank you for reaching out! I rebooted the computer and launched only Stroyline + 2 Chrome windows and the overall CPU usage spiked/hovered at 65% but with Storyline online at 5-7%.

I've attempted uninstalling then reinstalling Storyline with the same results.

Thankfully none of the AV or anti-malware software has flagged the Articulate programs, and I double checked with out corporate IT just to be sure.

In addition to all this my computer has been randomly shutting down, with no provocation, so I'm also following up with our IT department to ensure overall health of the computer.

Thank you!

- Karina

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.