Storyline 360 variable manager window not popping up

Jul 13, 2021

I have been developing a course that uses variables. Last week, an issue started happening with the variable manager. When I click the variable manager icon, the variable manager window does not display. However, if I click anywhere within storyline, I get a "ding" warning sound as if the variable manager is open. I cannot click on anything from that point on. I then have to go to Windows task manager and end the program to get out of it. I am using v3.43.22859.0 of storyline ( yes, I know that version is outdated but it is what my company allows to run at the moment). Thanks in advance for your help! Mike

4 Replies
Joseph Francis

It's probably a long shot, but the next time you have the Variables Manager window open, hit the Esc key to close it and then try to re-open it from the Triggers panel. Any change?

I had my Variables Manager window open, moved it off-screen, hit the Esc key (which closed it), and then clicked the button on the Triggers Panel to re-open it. The window re-appeared on my primary monitor.

Mike Thomas

Joseph. Good advice! Clicking Esc key does release the variables window. However, when I click the variable icon on the triggers pane, the variables window does not show up on primary monitor again. I just have to hit Esc again. It is behaving as if the window is opening but it is off of my screen somewhere. I just cant seem to locate it to drag it back into view. Hmmm