Storyline 360 version 3.1415225.0 is SO BUGGY

Apr 20, 2018

I am ready to pull my hair out. I am experiencing LOTS of buggy things happening with this version of Storyline:

1. When I specify to show a layer when the timeline ends, it doesn't work. There is no reason it shouldn't work - it's coded correctly. It just does not work. (Slide 1.2)
  2. When I have a character from the base slide and I want it to show on a layer, it doesn't show in the published result, although it shows while in working mode. (Slide 3.1)

I've attached the entire course file, in the hopes someone will look at the slides I've referenced here. Really, I'm ready to blow my brains out, as this has been happening frequently, adding to the time it takes to develop courses.

2 Replies
Michael Hinze

On slide 1.2, the problem seems to be with the Icon1 group on the baselayer. As soon as I turn off visibility for this baselayer item on layer MDG, the layer is not displayed anymore. As a fix, maybe you can save that group as a bitmap or cover it on the MDG layer.

I don't see the issue with 3.1 when publishing that specific slide, the scene or the entire project. 

William Hirsch
Michael Hinze

On slide 1.2, the problem seems to be with the Icon1 group on the baselayer. As soon as I turn off visibility for this baselayer item on layer MDG, the layer is not displayed anymore. As a fix, maybe you can save that group as a bitmap or cover it on the MDG layer.

I don't see the issue with 3.1 when publishing that specific slide, the scene or the entire project. 

I have the same findings as above in 3.15.15453, which is to say that at very least, the first issue on 1.2 isn't isolated to 3.14.15225.0.

I disabled each object in the Icon 1 layer individually (and in groups) to inconsistent success. I tried recreating the Icon 1 layer but had the same results, so as Michael said, perhaps converting those objects to a single image might be the easiest path to success.  

-BH

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.