Storyline 360 video output shows pixelated and pixel outline in IE browser

Jun 25, 2018

The Storyline 360 HTML5 output with Modern broser output showing poor quality video with pixelated outline in IE latest browser. But its shows fine when opened in Chrome browser. This needs to be fixed as there are many video based learning we need to produce.

Best,

Siba

11 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Siba,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your output.

Would you be able to share a sample .story file that we could take a look at? That would certainly be helpful.

Hey Tanja and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

I see where you reached out to our support team directly and it looks like Abel may be doing some testing and you should hear back from him soon.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Jim and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

It looks like we recommended some documentation on quality for Tanja, but we did not hear back from her on any resolution.

It looks like you're aware of some quality practices that we recommend, so I'm curious if you have the player locked to optimal size as well?

If you need us to take a look, you're welcome to share your .story file with us. If you cannot share it here in the forums, you can share it here privately.

Tanja Gmeiner

Hello,

the Pixel Problem exist already but it is not so bad than in the beginning.

The only solution that work is that i change the zipped Video with the original Video. 

The only Problem is, the qulity also get bad at this solution when the learner resize the window. Some learner make the window bigger, so they can better read the text.

I could fix the size of the window, but i dont make it because the Quality is not that bad. 

best wishes 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Tanja,

Are you changing the video in the zipped output folder? I know that was a fix folks used to use in earlier versions of Storyline but with the changes to the quality settings or the ability to disable compression in Storyline 3/360 you shouldn't have to use that step. 

You'll find those settings and reminders about the impact of scaling on quality within this article.

Let us know if you need any other help!  

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.