Storyline 360 Video Seekbar not syncing correctly

Jul 09, 2018

Quick question, is there any way to lock the 'Show Video Controls: Below Video' to prevent the user from scrolling? 

When I use the seekbar as 'Read-only' from the player properties screen it doesn't sync to the video length. Instead, it's lags behind the video by at several minutes. So when the video has ended, the seekbar continues to scroll. When I pause the video and then hit play, the video starts over, but the seekbar continues from where the video was last paused. 

This seems to be a bug within the player, as the video Controls found on the 'Video Tools > Options' works perfectly. 

I've done all of the updates, and have never experienced this bug until the most recent update. 

10 Replies
Larry Pickle

I am having the same issue. The seekbar continues to play even though the seekbar time and movie time are the same. Attaching my file with 4 videos for you to review. I'd love to have a fix for this because right now, all I can do is remove the seekbar, which gives the user no indication of how long is left on the slide. We do not want to use the video controls.

Thanks,

Stephania

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Larry/Stephania,

Thanks for sharing a copy of your .story file with me! I took a look and I didn't notice any additional objects added in that were animating over your video, so I'm not sure if that's in another file you have?

I did publish this file with the latest update of Storyline 360, Update 18 and uploaded to Review here.  I tested that one out and noticed that the seekbar and video lined up throughout playback and if I used the seekbar to jump ahead in the slide/video. Can you take a look and let me know how that behaves for you? 

As for the other bug you mentioned, I didn't find a case or forum discussion that you were involved in, so I wanted to confirm the issue you've been running into. Do you have a case under a different name or email address? or can you share a link to where you saw this mentioned in ELH? Once I have that I can check in on the status of that issue.

Larry Pickle

Hi Ashley,

I am on version 3.16 and cannot upgrade to 3.17 or 3.18 due to a bug that I do not see listed as fixes in either of those versions, so I guess my question is... are you able to test my file without upgrading it to see if it is an issue with 3.16?

And in regards to other items animating in, I did fail to send you the file that had the objects, but no worries because they are behaving exactly like the seekbar - lagging behind. So if we can figure out the seekbar issue, I am confident the objects lagging behind will be resolved as well.

Thanks,
Stephania

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.