Storyline 360 Videos not playing on iPhone IOS 9.3.5 mobile version

Nov 10, 2016

Hi everyone

Has anyone tried to view videos using the new mobile player version in Storyline 360. My project runs perfectly on my Android phone and desktop but the video doesn't want to play in the iPhone (IOS 9.3.5)

Any help most appreciated as this would be a key reason to change from SL2 as all our staff (approx 10,000) use iPhones.

Thanks

Ann-Marie

22 Replies
Ann-Marie Pickles

Hi Leslie

See attached file. I have tried this with another project yesterday also and that video didn't play also. It just shows the three white circles pulsing on a black screen and doesn't play on the iPhone but does on my Samsung Galaxy S5 from the same LMS. The video is on the third slide in the attached .story.

Help :)

Ann-Marie Pickles

Hi Leslie, thanks for checking this out - inbetween earthquakes and floods in the past few days I've had my mind on other things (I live in Wellington NZ). Yes we use a VPN. SL2 content views fine, the published SL360 doesn't play videos. Does this have something to do with how the video buffers? (Check with your techie people).

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Ann-Marie!

I wouldn't expect your video from SL2 to SL360 to perform differently. I'd invite you to take a look at this comparison documentation here to understand what is new for SL360.

Are you looking at the exact same course with the exact same video for comparison?

If the video plays fine outside of your VPN, you may need to follow up with your team.

If you still need assistance from our team, you are welcome to work directly with a support engineer here.

Natalya Koehler

Dear Leslie,

My friend tried it on the iphone. I forwarded your questions to her.

While I am waiting for her response, you can see the screen shots of the software screens under the "feedback" tab. See the link below.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/97486465-abc2-4df4-9d24-ac2fc7a9a3e9/feedback

And you can see the Module 1 software, if you click on the Review tab. My friend cannot see the player on the initial screen, she just sees the pictures and the text, and she cannot see on many screens the mp4 videos attached and the player, she just sees the navigation bar.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/97486465-abc2-4df4-9d24-ac2fc7a9a3e9/review

I am looking forward to your reply.

Respectfully,

Natalya

[1509394634626

Crystal Horn

Hi Natalya!  Thanks for that information.  When I view the course from your Articulate Review link on my iPhone, I see the same that Leslie sees, which is the responsive mobile player.  The player looks different between a desktop computer and a mobile device.

When you are previewing your project in Storyline, check out the responsive preview.

With the responsive preview, you can see how your course will look on any device, and that can help guide you in creating instructions for users on how to navigate your course.

I'm going to check with my team to see if we have an iOS device that still has iOS 9.  Will most people on iOS devices be using version 9?  

Natalya Koehler

Dear Leslie,

It is not a different issue. It is the same issue. I just provided the details of what exactly is not playing on the IOS 9.3.5 iphone.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I will be happy to clarify the issue. I have attached a smaller size mp4 file as a sample. All other video files were created in Camtasia 8

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.