Storyline 360 viewing issues in IE 11.

Oct 18, 2018

We are having issues viewing published courses in our LMS in IE 11 and reviewing courses in IE 11. In both cases when viewing the course either most of the "Ts" or "Fs" are missing from every slide. This does not seem to occur in Chrome. Any suggestions?

2 Replies
Ryan Crockett

We experienced this as well, but it also occurred for us in Chrome and tended to happen after we updated and reuploaded the file into the LMS (Saba).  We also experienced scrambling of the various assets all over the screen so it was completely illegible.

We thought it may have been an LMS caching issue, but never cleared the LMS cache to test it. We ended up attaching the course to our LMS via our external Scorm engine instead and this solved the issue for us. The published course content was no longer in the LMS as a package, but sitting on our servers. 

I hope you're able to find a solution. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Melissa,

I'd start by reviewing the reasons here for why the letters may be missing or displaying incorrectly in IE11. 

I'd also look to confirm that your IE11 browser isn't launching in Compatibility mode, as that's caused some issues for folks too.

Here's how to check: 

Option 1: Change Your Compatibility View Settings

• Click the gear icon in Internet Explorer (or click the Tools menu if it's visible), then choose Compatibility View settings.
  • If the website where your course is hosted is listed in Compatibility View, select it and click Remove.
  • Also, if you're using an intranet, such as SharePoint, to host your Rise course, temporarily uncheck Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.
  • Click Close, then launch your course again. If the page is still blank, try the following method.

Option 2: Use the Developer Tools to Switch Document Modes

• Click the gear icon in Internet Explorer (or click the Tools menu if it's visible), then choose Developer Tools. They'll open across the bottom of your browser.
  • On the right side of the developer bar, you should see an icon that looks like a computer monitor and a smartphone with a number beside it. When you hover over the icon, a tooltip will say Document mode (with a number). Click the icon to display a list of Internet Explorer version numbers.
  • Select version 11, then launch your course again.

Let me know if you need anything else! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.