storyline 360 vs storyline 3 - features

Oct 19, 2021

Hey there!
I've been using storyline 360 for the past 3 months for  now, and so was exscited to see the new features in the latest version update ..
I was requested to built a new project in storyline 3 (I have update to the newest version), but unfortunately alot of the features are not exists in the storyline 3-
like some of the actions in the triggers, or the 360 cotent media libary and even inserting an icon...
The project need to includes-
- ability to navigate within a 360 image (like in the last 360 update),
- zoom in or zoom out on objects, 
- and lastly the ability to jump to time or cue point in the timeline using trigger.

My question is - is there a way to prevent those limitations or even an option to buy or download some "add-on" that has simular faetures?

thanks alot!

3 Replies
Judy Nollet

Hi, Lior,

As you already know, Storyline (SL) 3 comes with fewer features than SL 360. As far as I know, there are no "add on" options for SL3. It is what it is.

I'm guessing that your client wants you to use SL3, because they have a license for that, and they want to be able to update the source file in the future. 

Well, if your client insists that you use SL3, they have to be content with its limitations. If they want the functionality of SL360, they need to let you use that program to develop their project. And they need to pay the license fee if they want to edit the .story file in the future. 

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Lior.

I see that Judy already gave you some helpful information and suggestions above (thanks, Judy!), but I wanted to follow up with a couple of resources.

The first is a table comparing all the features of Storyline 360 and Storyline 3. You can check it out here. 

You mentioned "zoom in or zoom out on objects". In Storyline 3, you can add Zoom regions, which might work for your client. Take a look here for additional information.

I hope this helps!