Storyline 360: Why are triggers from one slide showing up for all slides in other scenes?

Jun 28, 2021

After altering triggers on one slide (let's say 4.3), they are the only triggers visible on other slides in other scenes (scene 2, for instance). When I preview the other slides (in scene 2), their original triggers are still working, but they're not visible in the triggers panel and can't be edited. The only triggers that are visible are those from 4.3. I have been getting several error messages while creating triggers, and I have responded with feedback. I have checked to make sure I am working in Slide View and not in Slide Master. What do you think the problem is? 

2 Replies
Becca Levan

Hello Erin, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ⭐️

It definitely sounds like there isn't something right with the triggers in your project, and without seeing your file, it isn't easy to pinpoint what's going on. Here are my suggestions:

If you still don't see improvement, I'd encourage you to privately connect with one of our support engineers here to investigate your file and test things as the next step. They are experts and will help determine the cause of this!

Keema Davis

HI Erin,

I had the same issue. I don't know if it is a bug or not, but I found that logging out for a while and logging back in resolves the issue. It has happened to me a couple of times especially after I have been working on a trigger heavy slide. And it is definitely frustrating. Just make sure to save your work before logging out. Hope this helps.