Storyline and PowerPoint 2010 or 2013

Jul 16, 2014

My tech team is currently assesing an upgrade in our PPT software. What experiences can you share with using PPT 2010 and/or PPT 2013 with Storyline?

Any feedback would be helpful in our decision.

Thanks

8 Replies
Ron Price

Both PPT 2010 and 2013 have some great features and we use these tools for minor graphic and video editing. However, many of the features that draw people to these tools (new cool animations and slide transitions) are not supported by Storyline. So if you are planning on building in PPT to import into Storyline, you really will not see a lot of significant differences between the two outputs.

Dane James

I have imported a many power point programs into Storyline 2 and its really simple. I if you have sound on the PowerPoint you will need to import separately and depending on how the text was placed into PowerPoint sometimes Storyline will import it as a picture and you will need to recreate the text in storyline. Text font and sizing may also need to be aligned once you get in into the program, not always and not all of it but be prepared to make adjustments. With all that said a lot of the times all you need to do is just review and everything aligns perfectly. What I like about doing this is I can easily add a cool interaction and make timing adjustments quicker in storyline. Adding a few cool interactions for the instructor to use or get the students to come up and interact really works well. We have smart boards and I really enjoy using storyline to design programs for their use. I publish to CD format for this type of course so it's easy to use on any computer as a standalone for ILT.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.