storyline app for ipad

Dec 26, 2012

Help! We developed a 10-slide Storyline module for a course using PC laptops, chromebooks, and ipads. We published it including the HTML5 output and for use with the Articulate ipad app. We uploaded it in SCORM to Moodle. We downloaded the ipad Storyline app. The module works perfectly in everything but... the ipad.

Initially we couldn't even get a visual (the audio worked fine), but somehow we got beyond that. We shrunk the standard size of the player to 80% (576x432) because another version looked like it was cut off. (There is a menu from slide 3 on so that makes it slightly wider.)

To make a long story short - we can't get this to work no matter what changes we make. Currently, the first page appears but does not play (there is a play button that does not respond). 

Any ideas?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies
L B

Christine Hendrickson said:

Hi C,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with this. Just to make sure, you're using the Articulate Mobile Player app, correct?

Are you able to post the link for the published course, or post the .story file, so I can take a look in my iPad?

Thanks!

Christine

Hi C,

pare you able to help me with this also? I'm having a similar issue!

Thanks!

C German

Sure. To make a long story short, we determined that the problem was not in Storyline-iPad, but rather the Moodle-Storyline-iPad. We tried a few things, but nothing worked, so in the end we just used a workaround. We posted the module on an external site and just included a link on Moodle. Then the students were able to work on it without a problem. It worked for us, but it's not really a solution...I hope it helps though!

Steve Flowers

Hi C - 

The Articulate Mobile Player doesn't know how to negotiate past a password protected front end. When you log in through the browser, a session token is created for the browser. This token isn't passed to the app so the site won't allow the app to access the content. On sites that use querystring tokens (yoursite.com/?contentID=1515&token=sdfljka234asd3k3324), the app would be able to access the content just fine. Unfortunately, this isn't the way Moodle works.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.