Storyline Crashing

Oct 31, 2017

Hello everyone!

Every time I try to add an icon into my project, it crashes. Also, every time I take the menu out of the playbar settings the program crashes. I tried to run it as administrator and the same thing happened. Any suggestions?

10 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Thanks, LaShondra! Working from a shared network drive can cause a few different problems, and you can read more about that here. Instead, copy the file from your network drive on to your local C: drive before opening it with Storyline.

After saving the file locally, you can place a copy of your project on a network drive for backup purposes.

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for including the screenshot, LaShondra. I found the icon you were using in the Content Library. When I tried adding it to a slide, I also saw that Storyline crashed. You can view a screen recording of my testing here.

I’m going to share this with my team so we can begin looking at next steps. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and I’m sorry it’s slowing you down!

LaShondra Cherry

Hi Alyssa! It seems that I am hitting another road block. I added audio to my one slide that I have and whenever I play the audio so that I can set timings for other objects on the slide it crashes. Sometimes it works and lets me set timings but as soon as I get what I need it crashes. Can you please help me with this?  

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi LaShondra, 

That odd issue you ran into where adding a certain telephone icon from the Content Library caused Storyline 360 to crash, is all fixed in the latest update of Articulate 360 (released today). You can see all the fixes and new features in the release notes here.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.