Storyline Crashing

Apr 21, 2014

Every so often, I'm finding while I work in Storyline on my eLearning course, Storyline will crash.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Is ia memory issue on my laptop?  

I hope that Articulate will come up with an autosave function asap.  After the first crash, I've started saving after each of my scenes are completed to save myself some grief.

10 Replies
Gerry Wasiluk

If you are comfortable doing this, you may try the Windows Event Viewer and the Application logs.  It might give you some indication of what went wrong.

Can you describe your laptop, OS, and memory?  Do you have a lot of other apps open at the time?  Is your project very large?  Does the problem usually happen after you have been working in SL for a while?

Liz Guilfoyle

I am running an HP 32bit windows system, with 32Gig RAM

I have ~300 gig hard drive available as well.

Liz Guilfoyle said:

I have crashes frequently as well.  My file is 240M and approximately 325 slides. 

I have looked to see if there are file size limitations, or number of slide limits that I might be reaching, but could not find any info on the subject.

When I try to run the spell check, the application crashes on me.

Gerry Wasiluk

Alexandra, I'm a big believer in more horsepower (CPU) and RAM, as well as running 64-bit and using a SSD as my main C:\ drive.

That said, even on my fairly powerful system, I see issues every now and then.  When I sense the app is slowing down, or I check Task Manager and see a huge storyline.exe file, I usually reboot.  Or I'll just reboot when taking a break.

I've never done a course as large as both of you.  I try and convince my clients to keep things short (no more than 20-30 minutes)--or break into multi-modules.

Gerry Wasiluk

How do you like using Storyline on a laptop?   That's gotta be a bit tough at times.  Or are you attaching to a larger monitor?

I've got a thing for dual monitors (even though SL doesn't support dual monitors yet)--a 23" and a 27" inch on my main desktop.  Couldn't live without it now.  Much more productive.

I've got SL on my laptop (with a 17" screen) but I only use that for demos and client meetings.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.