Storyline Crashing

Aug 20, 2013

Hi folks

I'm experiencing Storyline crashing quite a bit at the moment (every 15 minutes or so).  Is there a known issue at play here?  Is anyone else experiencing this?

This is quite frustrating as I am now at the point of saving after every action, which is slowing me down quite a bit.

Any help/info would be great.

Simon

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Simon,

Sorry to hear that you're running into these problems with Storyline, it's definitely unexpected behavior. Please be sure you're following some basic rules to prevent strange behavior:

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names.

Also, if your Storyline software is not working properly, a simple repair may fix the problem. If not, please feel free to submit a Support case! 

Simon Ray

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses.  Unfortunately, I have to work off a network drive.  Australian Government IT policy requires it.  Storyline isn't even installed on the C drive, it runs off the network drive as well.

Re-installing would be an option, I'll have to chat with my network admin....sigh...

I'll look into the repair as well.  

I've been using Storyline for 12 months now, this is the first time I have experienced this, hence the question about an issue.

Simon Ray

Hi Liz

I would just get the standard windows dialogue box saying that Storyline has to be shut down and would I like to Debug...no real reason to be found.

If stability is reliant on working off the C: drive, I guess I'm just going to have to put up with it while I work for Government.

Lisa, I haven't lost anything, apart from the work not saved in time...

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks Simon for the additional information - as Daniel mentioned, uninstalling/reinstalling the Storyline software will repair any issues that could be happening. Sometimes you also need to repair the supporting Windows software, so since you need to have your network admin help you, they may want to do both at once. 

Liz - have you tried these steps as well? Also, if it's just one particular file that is causing you issues, I'd try first to import it into a new Storyline file.   

Lisa - if you'd like to provide a bit more information about what was happening on your old laptop (and what's still happening) feel free to share here, or submit a Support case so that our team can troubleshoot with you directly. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.