Storyline exam does not reset in SumTotal. Need Storyline SumTotal expert.
- Looking for community suggestions or a Storyline/SumTotal expert to contract with to resolve this issue. The SumTotal LMS admin that we are working with does not have additional suggestions or contact with SumTotal support and asked us to resolve this.
Client needs the following so we have to follow these requests:
- Create a Storyline exam for their SumTotal LMS.
- User takes first attempt and clicks Retry Exam within Storyline. User takes second attempt and the Retry Exam button is hidden on the results screen. (Allow two exam attempts in Storyline before hiding the Retry Exam button. Show Retry Exam button after first attempt and hide that button after the second attempt.) Added triggers and variable to do so.
- Settings: Using Question Bank, Track using quiz result, SCORM 1.2, Always resume. If using Passed/Failed, that counts the exam as complete in SumTotal even if you fail the exam. Passed/Incomplete recognizes that if you fail, SumTotal does not count the exam as complete until you pass which is the desired result.
- "Lock" exam so when users take two attempts, they can't retake the exam (hidden Retry Exam button) after they close and open exam again in LMS.
- The above items were successfully test on SumTotal and SCORM Cloud on Windows 10 Chrome.
- Client wants users to email them after they are locked out of the exam so the SumTotal administrator can "Unlock"/reset exam in SumTotal so the users can take it again (two attempts) before being locked out again.
- I am able to reset the exam in SCORM Cloud so users can take it again although resetting also removed the exam results.
- Issue: LMS administrator resets the exam in SumTotal and changed user status from In Progress to Registered. When the test user opens the exam again in SumTotal the exam was not reset to start at the beginning. Instead, the exam resumed where it left of on the Results screen from the last attempts and the only options were to review the previous exam attempt or close the exam. SumTotal LMS admin does not have additional suggestions or contact with SumTotal and asked us to resolve the issue.
- Questions: Why isn't the Storyline exam being reset in SumTotal? Is there another setting in Storyline that I am missing or is this an issue with the SumTotal LMS?
- Looking for community suggestions or a Storyline/SumTotal expert to contract with to resolve this issue.
- Storyline 3 Version 6. Published as HTML5/Flash, SCORM 1.2. Storyline source: Windows 10. Chrome.
- See Storyline exam file and SCORM attached.
- Thanks for your help.