Storyline Features

Dec 19, 2014

Hi All,

I am creating a drag and drop quiz. When the learner drags each item into the correct box; I would like animation to appear. I only have a short clip of audio, so the animation will not be linked to the audio. 

Is there a way to link animation to the correct answer? 

HELP! 

Thank you!! 

11 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sarah,

The built in drag and drop set up doesn't allow for animation to be applied when the item is dropped - but you can make it look like that is happening using a duplicate object in the drop zone that is initially set to hidden. Here's a super simple example with one object to drag and you'll see that one's state changes to hidden - the other appears and animates. 

Sarah Litke

Currently I only have articulate presenter, so I cannot view the file. Have you seen any similar examples on line for viewing? 

Basically the learning will match an acronym to a partial definition, when they get the correct answer I would like the entire acronym and definition to appear. would this work with hidden objects? 

Thanks! 

Hi Sarah,

If you only have presenter you won't be able to set up an interaction as I showed. This is the Storyline forum which is why I shared that set up. You can download the trial of Storyline here. 

You won't be able to use hidden objects in Presenter, but you may want to post what you're looking to do in the Presenter forum to see if anyone has any suggestions on how to design this. 

Hi Sarah,

There isn't a specific tutorial for that one - just something I created that involved hidden states, animations and the ability to drag and drop (or use drag/drop triggers). Do you have Storyline yet (or even download the trial)? It's a pretty basic file if you're able to look at it and play around with the triggers. 

Sarah Litke

Hi Ashley! 

I am struggling to align the triggers in the correct order. Can you please take a look at the attached exercise and let me know if this is possible? 

1. Drag "FWS" to box "A Sound approach..."

2. Both FWS and "A sound approach" text need to fade out

3. "Framework Standards" needs to fade in

Can you send me in the right direction with triggers, I have watched several tutorials, but none explain something like this. 

I really appreciate your help, I have no experience at all with Storyline! 

Thank you!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.