Storyline file icons - 360 & SL2

Mar 29, 2017

Folks,

Maybe I'm missing something. Is it me, or is there no way to tell which .story files are SL360 vs. SL2 without actually clicking the file and seeing which program opens them? Both versions have same file extensions, and same icon. I have to be vigilant to try and keep all the files in different folders.

Please let me know if I'm overlooking something obvious. If not, then this would seem to be a sensible issue to address for future upgrades...especially when at some future point in time, SL360 and SL2 will not be compatible.

Thanks...Dave

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Dave,

You'll always be able to import Storyline 2 into Storyline 360 and continue your work from there, but the Storyline 360 files wont' be backwards compatible to Storyline 2.

There isn't a differentiation from the file extension to know which version will open it, but you will receive the prompt that it was created in a newer version if you were opening a file in SL2 that was created in SL360 (or Storyline 3 when it launches). The same if you were to open in SL360 a file that was created in SL2 - you'll see the notice that it was created in an earlier version and we'll automatically create the back up copy! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.