Storyline on Mac

Jul 07, 2020

Hi,

do you need to install an anti-virus program if using Storyline with Windows on Parallels on a Mac? ( I don't have any anti-virus program installed on my Mac.)

Thanks,

Ruth

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ruth,

There is no requirement from the perspective of Storyline 360 (or the broader Articulate 360) to have an anti-virus program installed, but it is always good practice to have one within the Windows and Mac environment. You'll find the Storyline system requirements here. 

Mac users can install Storyline 360, Studio 360, and Replay 360 in Parallels DesktopVMware Fusion, or Apple Boot Camp.

We've outlined best practices for using Articulate software in a virtual environment within these articles:

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ruth,

Great question! I hadn't ever looked at the App Store Edition, but I found this helpful KB article from Parallels that compares both. Looking at that, it appears that the only things you *can't* do are things we don't recommend anyway like coherence mode or similar. So as long as you can get a supported Windows version you should be good to go! 

Personally, I use the Parallels Desktop Standard edition, and following the info outlined above all has worked smoothly! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.