5 Replies
Vincent Scoma

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for reaching out! 

When publishing your project, is it uploaded to the intended environment it was published for? The reason I ask is when reviewing a Storyline 360 course on your local hard drive, you could encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network which can cause various features of the course to fail. You can find more details on this here: 

If the course is published and uploaded for it's intended environment, I am happy to take a closer look! You can share files in this thread here, or you’re always welcome to share privately here. We'll let you know our findings and will delete it after troubleshooting!

Kevin Rooker

Hey Vincent,

 

Resolved this before by having a colleague actually publish the presentation.  I have tried that again as I am have the same issue again.  I have also tried to run on my home computer, and it will not.  The first slide comes up but the presentation does not launch.  I have written many without this problem, but it has shown up again and it quite frustrating.

Any advice? 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for contacting us and letting us know that you're still running into issues with the same project.

Since it sounds like you've narrowed it down to a single project, I'd recommend importing the slides into a new project.

If you still have trouble publishing/launching after doing so, then with your permission, I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Kevin Rooker

Hi Leslie,

Katie Riggio (from Articulate) has also responded to this question. In my last correspondence with her I sent this:

A little background if it helps. This was originally part of a longer presentation. It was decided to break it up into 3 different 10 min segments. So I created new presentations, copied and pasted slides into these new presentations. In that process, actually deleted the first slide of the first scene, could that possibly be the culprit? I even recreated the opening slides several times in an effort to solve the issue. Wondering also if there is a better way than copy/paste to move slides from one presentation to another?

Please feel free to share the presentation with support engineers.

Kind regards
[cid:image001.png@01D66B0F.4B7727F0]
Kevin T Rooker, RT(R), RDMS, RVT
Global Training Product Manager
BK Medical | 8 Centennial Drive, Peabody, MA 01960
T +1 (817) 771 - 9548

krooker@bkmedical.com | bkmedical.com

Confidentiality Note: The information transmitted in this message, and any attachments to this message, is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. Any review, forwarding, printing, copying, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Katie Riggio

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for all the great clues and for working closely with us on this!

Lo and behold, Lianne found the culprit: It looks like the timer on the results slide was causing the problem on the first slide, where recreating the results slide should help.

Let me know if any more questions come up. We're happy to help!

One more thing! It looks like you may have replied by email where your contact details came through to the public forum. Feel free to edit it out right here.