Storyline Problem

Aug 27, 2019

Hi All--is anyone experiencing the Articulate 360 site being down. I was working on a class, closed it and reopened it an the software won't allow me to log in says it can't connect t the server. our internet is fine--is there some connectivity issue at Articlulate? Thanks.

19 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi everyone,

Thanks for letting us know that you were running into an issue signing in.

We are currently investigating an issue that that may cause users to receive an error when logging in to the Articulate 360 desktop app.

Trying again seems to work for some, but we will update our status here and I'll pop back in to share an update when the incident is resolved.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

Our team shared this status update moments ago, and we'll let folks know as soon as the permanent fix is in place:

We've identified the issue that's causing some users to receive an error when logging in to Articulate 360 and E-Learning Heroes, and we're working on a solution. If you experience this, please wait a moment and try logging in again. We'll share an update when we have more info.
Sandra Lowe

I know it's being worked on.  I appreciate that.  This is what I was afraid of when we signed on to a program that had a cloud based access.  I rebooted as well and tried again and it tried to tell me I don't have a subscription.  So that won't fly.  Not sure what happened between yesterday and today but I can't afford to be locked out like this.  My internet could die and I should still be able to work on the file that sits on my computer.  That's me venting.  I'm not looking for a reply.  I'll continue to wait for the updates.

Sandra,

I hear you, and I know how alarming this is for you. I've shared that concern with my team too. I'll be following up once it's fixed to set your mind at ease about Articulate 360 as a service. As soon as the issue is resolved, we'll let you know here and on our Articulate Status page where you can subscribe to updates. 

Hi all,

The fix for the earlier log in issue is now in place. You'll want to close out Articulate 360 and upon reopening you should be able to log in as normal.

Our team is continuing to monitor this issue, so if you do run into any trouble let us know. You can always reach our Support Team 24/7 by connecting with them at this link: https://articulate.com/support/contact/

Greg Brown

I get that the software wants to authenticate with Articulate's servers to make sure people are operating with an appropriate license, but issues like this make me think there should be at least a 24- or even 48-hour window in which  the application can function offline for 1 or 2 days before it needs to authenticate again. For a lot of us, being locked out of this software for a day is costing us quite a bit in terms of productivity. 

Hi Greg, 

While you're online and connected, Articulate 360 will continuously check your access. If you were to be offline (without internet access) you can use Storyline, Studio, Peek, and Replay up to 99 days at a time (or 60 days for free trials). That 99-day clock resets every time you're online and connect to Articulate 360. 

Today's issue has been resolved, and our team is looking into further details of what caused it, to prevent any future issues. We'll keep folks posted on our Articulate Status page with what we find out! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.