Storyline problems in Office 2013

May 09, 2013

Hello all

My laptop has had to be replaced, and Storyline is now doing some weird things. I've moved from a 32-bit with Office 2010 to a 64-bit with Office 2013.

We've now managed to correct all the formatting errors created on every slide, but we've been unable to solve the mystery of the missing 'settings' cog in the custom tab of the player. Can't really publish without doing what's required on the player but - as the screen shot shows, it's just not there. Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Jo

4 Replies
Peter Anderson

Hey Jo!

First, be sure you're following some basic rules to prevent strange behavior:

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names.

And if your Storyline software still isn't working properly, a simple repair may fix the problem. If not, please feel free to submit a ticket to our support team for additional help.

Thanks!

Jo Downes

Many thanks for coming back to me, Peter.

Have checked everything on your list and it's still not resolved. I'm up against it in terms of time, so my IT support department have very kindly uninstalled 2013 and I'm now back on 2010. Good news is that my 'Other' (browser settings) button has appeared in the Custom tab of the player - hoorah.

Bad news is that, something else is still clearly wrong. Having downloaded Storyline again to the new laptop, it's started behaving strangely. One file that was fine before, has now started having base objects disappear when the layers are closed. Have read the detailed existing thread on the subject, and am at an absolute loss to understand why it's stopped working - have not changed that slide at all since changing PC kit.

Might have to submit a support ticket it I still can't resolve it, but I'd rather not as we've agreed to delay publishing (due today) until Monday to see if I can find a workaround.

Thanks for your help on the other issue - seems as if it's just that Storyline doesn't like Office 2013.

Kind regards.

Jo

Peter Anderson

Hi Jo, 

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with Office 2013. When it's convenient for you, I'd definitely recommend opening a ticket so we can take a closer look at what's going on. It sounds to me like there's possibly another piece of software, perhaps a security app, that's causing the conflict. 

If you'd like to share the case number with me when you get one, Ill be happy to get into the right hands

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.