Storyline Question

Nov 08, 2012

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a setting when a student watches a class, I have taken off the seekbar because I don't want them to fly yo the end and keep moving, however it would be nice to have the pause button, if they get disrupted and have to walk away for a minute.  Is it possible to have the pause button without the seekbar in SL?

Also is it possible for a student to watch a class that we have set as restricted so they have to go in order but can go back to viewed slides.  When they complete and get credit for viewing the class, can they go back and have the option of free viewing if they want to go back and refresh on a slide or 2?  Thanks.

1 Reply
Steve Flowers

Hi, Jeff - 

Certainly a way to do what you're looking for.

#1) You can pause the base timeline by opening a layer with the property "Pauses base layer" checked. This allows you to add your own pause button either on the slide or on the master slide that shows a layer or hides the layer. A few ways to do this. Here's a description and example of this in action: http://community.articulate.com/forums/p/12152/72728.aspx#72728

#2) You have a few ways to go here as well. I've done this by building my own menu screen that activates access to sections or screens.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.