Storyline Quiz

Sep 09, 2012

To Articulate  forums,

When designing a quiz in Storyline, is it possible to attach a label to each question that would be a word or few words detailing what skill that specific question is asking, and then have that word or words come up on the results slide. The purpose of this would be to know what skills the quiz taker is proficient in and what skills the quiz taker is lacking in.

Regards,

Mohammad

3 Replies
David Anderson

Hi Mohammad and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

While there isn't a specific, built-in label tool like you're describing, there are probably several ways to achieve what you're after.

Mike put an example together that might help with what you're after. It's more around displaying multiple quiz scores on one page, but it could be used to categorize question types.

Can you take a look at his example and let us know how closely this gets to your needs?

Published example

Tutorial: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

Mohammad Ahmad

David,

Thanks for your reply. And your reply was very useful, I will also need that feature for various assessments when wanting to display multiple numeric results, however I am still not sure as to how learner "skills" could be posted on the results page.

I think this could be achieved through triggers and variables, but then how would each answer for each question be tracked and thereafter made use of to affect the results page.

Regards,

Mohammad

Mohammad Ahmad

David,

I have another question related to my earlier one. Lets say I have a quiz that has customized reporting on the results slide. For example, four results appear on the results slide, as shown in Mikes tutorial.

If we were making use of Articulate Online (the LMS), how would this display then on the reporting module of the LMS. Would it be displayed as one quiz with one general result, one quiz with four results or as four separate quizzes each having one result.

Regards,

Mohammad

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.