Storyline Responsive Player

Oct 26, 2020

Hi,

I have uploaded Storyline 360 content as a web object to the Thinkific site, which has a responsive player. While the content works fine on a laptop it does not fill the screen correctly when viewed landscape on a mobile or tablet. I understand that the modern player is responsive and have tried publishing it to fill the screen and to optimal size, though nothing changes. I have also tried variations of the classic player, though nothing seems to make it full screen.

Does anyone know how I can enable my Storyline content to be viewed in landscape mode on a tablet/mobile. Attached is an image of how the content currently appears.

Regards

Tim

7 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Tim!

I'm happy to help! From your screenshots, it looks like Thinkific already has a player configured into the webpage. 

Let's see if you are seeing the same behavior outside of Thinkific. Can you try publishing the course for web, and uploading it to Tempshare? Are you seeing the same behavior when viewing the course outside of Thinkific?

Euvouria LLC - Friederike L Berg

Hi Lauren, hi Tim,

I'm facing the same issue as Tim. I opened the course through Tempshare on my phone and I see the same behavior. I wish the course would fill the whole screen and modify the elements, so the whole slide is visible in one screen and does not show the white/black outline around it.

Euvouria LLC - Friederike L Berg

Hi Lauren,

​I mentioned in my question that I already reached out to Thinkific and they said that I need to reach out to Articulate Storyline's Customer Service. I'm feeling pushed between the two softwares and nobody is willing to figure this out.

​Please explain if there is a possibility to remove the iFrame structure. Also, I would appreciate if you can test Articulate Storyline courses in Thinkific.

​Thank you!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Friederike, 

Being pushed between two different support teams certainly isn't fun, or our intent! Thinkific isn't a tool we support, and our team doesn't have an account there making it difficult to test. 

From your other posting, I saw that Thinkific identified the "Multimedia" category as what forces it into an iFrame. Is there another category option to host your content within? It sounds like that may be a path forward. 

Storyline doesn't have a "full-screen" option, but if you're using Storyline 360 the responsive player should resize to fit the screen (or container, if an iFrame) that it's presented with. 

Hopefully that gives you more info to work with and let us know if the Thinkific team has other ideas to share! 

Tim Marshall

Hi All,

In the end, we hosted the content on AWS and created an image of the first slide with an embedded link to launch. This has meant that I've had to tweak the instructions when closing the content, to click on an 'exit' link, and then use Thinkific's button to complete and continue.

All works fine on most browsers and at least fills the screen on tablets and phone - though has issues with closing on an iPad (even with extra Javascript triggers to close). The content is fine as a workaround, rather than a sustainable solution and we are getting comments about the overall navigation.

I've tested with another authoring tool and it has the same issue/similar issue within Thinkific, so will see whether they can help us with a longer-term solution.

Tim